Ex-Lieberman strategist Dan Gerstein has several creative policy suggestions for Obama:
1) Call for a series of Lincoln Douglas style debates with the Republican nominee this fall
2) Commit to veto any legislation until Congress passes a credible climate change bill.
3) Give the teachers unions an ultimatum: Either you are with the kids or against them. Reward the best teachers and fire the bad ones.
4) Promise to convene a bipartisan congressional war council on Inauguration Day.
5) Pledge not to run for reelection if Osama Bin Laden is not killed or captured.
Gerstein's right that coming out with a big new post-partisan policy or two would help Obama in the post-South Carolina primaries.