Thursday, October 8, 2009

Headlines

As my time here draws to a close, I wanted to share some of the ridiculous signs that I've seen out here.

Now, I am not out to make fun of anyone's English (whatever it is, it's better than my Japanese), so I have excluded signs that are simply misspelled or grammatically incorrect. Rather, these are signs that simply make me wonder what was going through the head of the person who designed it.



Click on it to zoom in - the sign says "Please refrain from gargling here"


The sign says "Attention! Under construction to [sic] keep off" Except I don't see any construction anywhere...


Clearly a major problem with scribbling. If you were a scribbler, would you listen to a sign that said not to?


"One step forward, please!"


And finally, one form China. This was in PuDong, overlooking the Bund.

No comments: